I love writing short pieces that surprise the reader, but feel inevitable. I specialize in flash fiction, but I write all sorts of short pieces, fairy tales, travel essays, and short screenplays. Here's a taste of some of my work.
- "The Sea Witch" - A young girl's father is kidnapped by a mythical creature...or is he? (Shortlisted by a $3,000 2021 Fractured Lit contest judged by Kevin Brockmeier)
- "The Story Eater" - A woman discovers an appetite for words. Literally. (Quarter-Finalist for Ruminate magazine 2022).
- "Inviting the Banshee" - A soon-to-be-grieving daughter must face the town's denial of her mother's upcoming death -- and a supernatural beast.
- "God the Atheist Bartender" - Journey to rural North Thailand to meet the world's most interesting bartender. Explore religion, sex, and what it means to belong in a place.
- "Honeymoon Phase" - They're married. Now what? The answer for this new couple lies in the stars. (Shortlisted for the 2021 the Hammond Hill Publishing Contest in the UK)
Image by Saul Steinburg.